Dense fog can create dangerous conditions on Indiana roads. Tabor Law Firm has a few quick tips to help you reach your destination despite the fog.
- Minimize distractions. Silence your cell phone and the stereo. Limited visibility will require your full attention with reduced reaction time.
- Reduce your speed. Because you’ll have limited visibility, low speed can help you react in time to danger.
- Use roadside reflectors as a guide. The road signs have reflective markings that will help you navigate twists and turns.
- Turn off cruise control. This will maximize your control of your vehicle.
- Use windshield wipers and defrosters. This will limits excess moisture on your window and reduce glare.
- Drive with low beams and fog lights. High beams will only make your visibility worse because they reflect off the fog.
- Use the right edge of the road as a guide. This will help you stay in your lane and not “drift” into oncoming traffic.
- Increase your following distance. This way you’ll have proper time to respond to any obstacles. A good rule of thumb is to increase your count distance by at least 5 seconds instead of the normal 2 seconds behind another vehicle.
We hope these quick tips will help you navigate foggy Indiana roads. If you or a loved one suffer an injury due to any type of motor vehicle accident, contact Tabor Law Firm today. Auto accident litigation can be unexpectedly complicated, and our lawyers have the experience to handle all scenarios when it comes to proving liability and seeking the recovery you deserve.