Exposed power lines result in wrongful death
Our client's husband, age twenty-six, was applying new vinyl siding to a residence in Bedford, Indiana when he inadvertently came into contact with a frayed, exposed electrical power line owned and maintained by PSI, Energy, Inc. The electrical shock from this poorly maintained power line caused him to fall 12 feet to a concrete slab where he died, leaving his wife and three children behind.
Tabor Law Firm represented the widower and children in a wrongful death action against the Defendant. Investigation revealed PSI was negligent for using improper insulating material, and for allowing the insulation to deteriorate to the point where bare wire was exposed. Tabor Law Firm was able to help the grieving family reach a successful settlement with the Defendant.