Confidential Settlement

Electrocution due to Energy Company’s Negligence Results in a Wrongful Death

A twenty-six year old male was applying new vinyl siding to a residence in Bedford, Indiana when he inadvertently came into contact with a frayed and exposed electrical service power line owned and maintained by an a global Energy company (The Defendant). The electrical shock from this poorly maintained power line caused the young man to fall 12 feet to a concrete slab where he died, leaving a wife and three small children behind.

Tabor Law Firm represented the wife and her three children in a wrongful death action against the Defendant. Our investigation revealed that the Defendant was negligent for using an improper insulating material, and allowing the insulation to deteriorate to the point where bare wire was exposed. Tabor Law Firm ultimately helped the grieving family reach a successful settlement with the Defendant.